Who we are
We are the European Travel Retail Confederation Ltd. Kemp House · 160 City Road · London · EC1V 2NX · UNITED KINGDOM. You can contact us at this address by post or by email at email@example.com.
Our data protection representative is Nigel Keal, President of ETRC.
Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with
For people who view and interact with our website, we process data:
– to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact us’ form
The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the administration and operation of our services as well as our legitimate interest in marketing and promoting our organisation’s services. We always include an unsubscribe option in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
We share this data with our website management system provider. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing us with their services, and no other purpose.
Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes.
We will retain this data for the duration necessary to process your query.
For our members, we process data:
– in order to provide you with the services of our organisation
– to provide you with updates and newsletters to which you have subscribed
The legal basis for the processing of this data is processing necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of our organisation in promoting our services. We always include an unsubscribe option in our communications, so you can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
We share information such as your name and email address with our newsletter services provider who sends out our newsletters. This provider is not permitted to use this data other than on our behalf.
We will retain this data for the duration of the membership.
Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The British supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot send you our newsletter, respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, or liaise with you on member matters.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.