ETRC - The European Travel Retail Confederation
The European Travel Retail Confederation (ETRC) is an industry association for the duty free and travel retail industry in Europe, serving the industry and its members to help create the right environment to allow the industry to achieve its potential and protect it when challenges arise.
- - ETRC serves to facilitate contact between members by organising seminars, conferences and meetings
- - ETRC provides tailored support programmes to members to promote the highest operating standards and responsible retailing in international travel
- - ETRC undertakes detailed research into relevant industry issues and provides actionable data relevant to members
- - ETRC communicates regularly with its members to spread awareness about the industry and the importance of duty free and travel retail for airports, airlines, ferries, cruise lines, retailers and brand owners
- - ETRC works closely with member companies, and other industry trade associations to identify challenges, where advocacy is required with European and national governments and regulatory bodies in order to safeguard and grow the business
ETRC is composed of national and regional affiliated trade associations representing over 200 European companies, Tax Free World Association (TFWA) representing 500 brand companies, and direct corporate membership from individual companies working in the duty free and travel retail trade across Europe and beyond.
The European Travel Retail Confederation's operations are directed by its Supervisory and Managing Boards and carried out by a full-time secretariat.